Review: Latest in Beauty

Thursday 16 February 2012

Recently I've noticed a new revolution in the way we can try out new beauty products without the huge expense and investment into a full size product.  Initiatives such as Glossy Box and Joliebox (formerly Boudoir Prive) have created a mini luxury pampering service by selecting premium branded products and sending out sample size versions which are new or highly acclaimed for a small fee.  The little collection of mini goodies arrive through the post in an attractive small box ready for us beauty-a-holics to covet, try out and  enjoy - and (in the companies' favour, we then go on to buy the full size product.)

I decided to try out Latest In Beauty's version of these sample filled boxes and went with their themed boxes which vary each month, and bought February's 'The Refresh and Recover Box'.  It cost £6.95 which is a bargain compared to the price or their competitors, upwards from £10.

I ordered on Sunday the 12th February and today, Thursday the 15th February, I received my pretty pink box in the post.  It's recyclable cardboard so environmentally friendly but as it's a cute box you could easily reuse it to store knick-knacks.



On opening the box I found my selection of samples laying on a bed of pink shreddy packing material, so very girly and attractively presented.



'The Refresh and Recover Box' contained: 

  1. Lavera Basis Sensitiv Hand Creme 20ml
  2. Actimint Probiotic Supplement - 3 'taster' mints
  3. Cosmetofruit Luxurious Hair and Nails Beauty Drinkable Elixir 30ml
  4. Sun Shots SPF25 Medium UVA Sun Protection 20ml
  5. Monu Soothing Touch Recovery Balm 5ml
  6. Figs and Rouge Balm 8ml
  7. Teapigs Tummy Tonic - 1 teabag

And two extras which I could choose from a selection:

  1. Clarins Multi-Active Day Early wrinkle correction cream 15ml
  2. Balance Me Hydrating Rose Otto and Shea Butter Salve 15ml


I think nine products is fantastic value for a beauty sample box and I am already looking forward to seeing what theme March's box will be.

I'm going to do a follow up review for each of the products to show what they're like once I've had time to try them.

Becky x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Diary of a Cavy Girl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.