My Top Beauty Buys

Sunday 19 February 2012

Last night as I was in the bathroom I began thinking about what products I enjoy using. I seem to use so many different things all the time, constantly trying new fan-dangled creams and on the quest to discover the best value lotions and potions.  I go through periods of my life being more ready with cash and being able to afford the more expensive products to times when I really do have to think frugal and be as thrifty as I can with my beauty buying.  Generally though I'm a very realistic person with a no-nonsense approach to shopping and I will stop at nothing to find a bargain.  If something's five pence cheaper elsewhere I'll walk the extra distance to save it!

I don't keep to the same products all through the year because of my deals led mind, and to me, often brand loyalty is a sure way to spend more than you need to.  You do have to know where to draw the line, some products that are cheaper are rubbish and sometimes spending a little bit more is worth it for the quality and effectiveness of the product.  The trick is to be aware of which shops are running which offers, and that way you can get your most desired buys for a less than guilty price.


These are my favourite beauty products:



1.  Olay Daily Facials (sensitive) - 30 cloths - £3.99 (Boots)

I love these because they're great for a thorough cleanse and are amazing for removing all traces of make up, even stubborn heavy photo shoot make up! (Eyeliner, shadow, mascara, the whole shebang.)  I've tried the normal skin cloths but find the sensitive version to be so much kinder.  The single use cloths lather up well under a little running water, feel smooth and creamy on the skin and my face feels lovely and soft after washing.



2.  Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub - 150ml - £4.59 (Superdrug)

I love how effective this scrub is, how it feels, and the smell.  It's gorgeous!  I feel like I've had a good pore cleanout and totally facially refreshed when I've used this, and I've not found anything to smell more delicious that I can put on my face.  :-)



3.  Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Toner - 200ml - £2.98 (Wilkinsons)

After having a thorough cleanse I like a toner that's pretty neutral but will still do the job.  This is my favourite because it doesn't upset my skin and my face feels fresh after applying it.  I don't believe a toner needs to be any more fussy.






4.  Lacura Q10 Day Cream - 50ml - £1.99 (Aldi)

This is an absolute bargain and I'm glad I gave it a try.  I anticipated a watery thin texture but I couldn't have been more wrong.  This cream smells really fresh and feels light and silky without being greasy.  It absorbs well into the skin and I feel well moisturised with no tightness.




5.  L'occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - 30ml - £7.50 (L'occitane)

L'occitane make the best quality hand creams in my personal experience (and I use a LOT of hand creams) and this is their original shea butter cream.  It contains a high percentage of shea butter which is what makes this cream so super thick and moisturising.  I love it when L'occitane bring out special editions of fruity or floral versions of shea butter hand cream but this one is their stand alone multi award winning cream and it's clear why.



6.  Nivea Pure Fine Talc 500g - £1 (Morrisons)

Some may say using talcum powder is a little dated and probably only for babies (or those who talc up for wet/dry suits) but I still swear by using it.  I've used lots of talcs and this is my absolute favourite.  It smells gorgeous and feels so silky.  




7.  Botanics Bodycare Nourishing Body Butter - 450ml - £5.62 (Boots)

A super moisturising butter which you get a lot of for your money.  I love using this when I feel a little dry and my skin wants some attention.  Great for soothing and replenishing skin following hair removal - my legs saviour when I've waxed.  It does feel more on the greasy side but in a good way.



8.  Proclere Argan Oil Hair Treatment - 100ml - £9.99 (Superdrug)

I've used hair serums for a long time now and since buying this I've realised it is now my must have.  You get a lot of serum in the bottle so it lasts a long time but this really is a great serum.  My hair feels softer following my usual shampoo and condition and does actually seem to be more relaxed and easier to tame and style.  This isn't a beauty buzz word for nothing.



9.  Palmolive Naturals Black Orchid and Moisturising Milk - 250ml - £1.65 (Superdrug)

I am very particular about body wash.  I like body washes to be thick and creamy and ultimately not drying.  I can't stand a body wash that smells gorgeous but makes my skin feel tight, and this one ticks all the boxes.  Really nice scent and leaves my skin soft and moisturised.  I was more than pleasantly surprised when I gave this a chance.



10.  Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower - 300ml - £17.50 (Molton Brown)

This is my absolute favourite.  Molton Brown products don't come cheap but they're my biggest love if I had to choose a brand I covet most.  I love many of their shower gels but this one is my particular to-die-for body wash.  It smells divine and never fails to relax me.  You don't need much to get a good lather too and I firmly believe that despite the big price tag this product does actually work out quite economical.  


What do you think of my top beauty buys?  Do you share the same love as me?  


Becky x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Diary of a Cavy Girl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.